Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vintage Camper Mini

Hi Everyone!  Hope you all are having a great weekend.  Mine included some sewing time, so life is good over here. :)

My friend Cristina over at Pretty Little Quilts (hi Cristina!) is having a really great Quilt Along this summer called the Texas Road Trip Quilt Along.  It's a lot of fun - you should definitely check it out if you haven't stopped by yet.

I made the sweet camper blog she designed as part of the QAL.






The block finishes at 6" x 6", the perfect size for a mini, so I made up some complimentary blocks to go along with it.

First up were some 4-pointed stars.





Then came an Ohio star.



And then some flying geese to round out the group. :)



Next up was figuring out how to set all of these random blocks together.



I landed on a setting with the camper block in the middle to highlight it.





I really enjoyed making this little quilt!  You can find the pattern for the camper block here if you want to make one of your own. :)  Now on to the quilting...


Thanks for stopping by!







3 comments:

  1. I love this! I made the camper last night. Love how you added to it. I'm not creative enough to whip something like that up without cutting instructions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment! Hope you had as much fun making it as I did. :)

      Delete